The Beer for Brains Foundation along with The Wigwam Arizona Resort, Hensley, and Young's Market present the WOW (Way Out West) Fest featuring the 8th Annual Bocce BrewHaHa Fundraiser & Tournament taking place Saturday, April 27, 2013 at the Wigwam Resort on the front lawn. Stepping it up a notch this year by combining one of the world’s oldest team sports with craft beer, food, and a costume competition, centered in the WOW Fest, to raise funds and awareness for brain cancer research.
The festival begins at 1:00 p.m. and ends at 7:00 p.m. and will feature over 50 craft beers from breweries such as Boulder, Coronado, Dave's Electric, Deschutes, Firestone, Four Peaks, Full Sail, Hop City, Kona, Left Coast, Maui, Mission, Moosehead, Mother Road, Mudshark, Odell, Prescott Brewing, Redhook, Redstone Meadery, Santa Fe, Sierra Blanca, Sierra Nevada, Sleepy Dog, Tailgate, Uinta, Widmer, and Woodchuck. The WOW fest is also offering beer making demos, live entertainment, food for purchase on a ticket system, and a VIP tent. Tickets are just $5 at the door for general admission which includes a commemorative glass and your first tasting. Or, pre-order your VIP tickets priced at just $45 and enjoy the Four Peaks sponsored seated and shaded area, catered food by The Wigwam, a commemorative glass, 15 drink tickets, and a goodie bag. VIP tickets are limited so be sure to order yours quickly by clicking here.
A portion of the WOW Fest proceeds benefit The Beer For Brains Foundation in their quest to fight brain cancer, and is brought to you by The Wigwam, Hensley, and Young's Market.
Beer For Brains Foundation Bocce Brewhaha
Registration for the bocce ball tournament is $300 per 4-person team, which includes lunch, snacks, dinner, beer, prizes and t-shirts. The deadline for registration payments is April 24, 2013. Please note that we cannot guarantee T-shirt size for those who register after April 20, 2013. Register here.
Food, beer and prizes are provided by Dogfish Head Brewery, Young’s Market and the Beer for Brains Foundation. There will also be Redstone Meads and other select craft beer from BJ's, Dogfish Head, Four Peaks, and Phoenix Ale. A percentage of the proceeds from the tournament will benefit brain cancer research programs.
The 8th Annual Bocce BrewHaHa Fundraiser & Tournament is located at the Wigwam Resort's front lawn. Discounted room rates will be available for those participating.
Check-in for the tournament will begin at 8:30 a.m. with the first games starting promptly at 9:00 a.m. and continue throughout the day until a champion is crowned. Immediately following the championship game will be the awards ceremony, a full Mexican buffet to satisfy your hunger, and a pool party to cool you off!
- Bocce Ball Tournament Champions - Two Cases 2008 Dogfish Head 120 Minute & Two Cases 2009 Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine*
- Bocce Ball 2nd Place - Two cases 2010 Dogfish Head Black and Blue
- Bocce Ball 3rd Place - Four Patagonia Backpacks
- Costume 1st Place - Two Cases 2008 Dogfish Head 120 Minute*
- Costume 2nd Place - Two Cases 2010 Dogfish Head Black and Blue
- Best Beer or Beer For Brains Related Costume - Two Cases 2009 Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine
*If 24 or more teams register to play both 1st place teams will receive an added prize of paid registration fee for the Bocce Brewhaha in San Diego coming later this year.
- Crispy Tortilla Chips and Fresh Salsa
- Southwest Caesar Salad with Zesty Croutons
- Chipotle Marinated Chicken Fajitas Accompanied by: Grilled Peppers & Onions, Shredded Jack Cheese, Fresh Salsa, Guacamole and Sour Cream Served with Warm Flour Tortillas
- Three-Cheese Enchiladas
- Refried Beans & Mexican Rice
- Warm Cinnamon Churros
- Iced Tea
- Rainforest Alliance Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee and Gourmet Tea Service
Plenty of beer, food, and fun will be had throughout the day!
8th Annual Bocce Brewhaha Registration
Way Out West Fest VIP Tickets